DigiGround started by performing an audit of the previous membership portal setup. From here, we established an opportunity to use the existing framework, but an update would be required in order to add relevant plugins that would enhance the membership experience. Our in-house graphic designer styled the layout, so that the education articles were front and centre and developed the main navigation, for ease of use by members.
We added a Twitter feed to provide up-to-date social commentary for visitors. And finally, our videographer created a video tutorial for members and added it to the directory for easy access by those seeking assistance with the portal. The video included:
• A welcome and introduction
• Homepage – content, twitter feed, what the icons mean
• My account – where to find and how to upgrade your membership
• Your profile page – where to find, how to update including photo, how to adjust privacy settings
• The benefits of a complete profile
• How to use member to member messaging
• How to search for another member
• How to browse other members
• How to register for an event
• Your wall and how to post an update
Once the membership portal was confirmed, we important all current members, allowing for a seamless integration to the new portal. CEW continues to use the portal for members, and DigiGround has been providing ongoing support to CEW for all its membership updates and changes.