Did you know that planning is key to any project, especially when it comes to building an eCommerce website? Another thing you need to know is, planning is one of the most important parts of website development.
If you haven’t already, you should start writing down what you want your website to do. What is your conversion? When a person lands on your site, what is your win? What do you want them to do?
It’s much better for us to know this earlier rather than later. We are going to use your website’s goal to determine how your website will look, and what information you will need on there. This will tell you what pages you need and how many.
Got it? Good! Now, let’s talk about why you should build an eCommerce website. Here are 5 interesting facts about eCommerce websites to get you inspired:
- More than 80% of internet users have bought something from an eCommerce store and 50% of internet users have bought something online more than once.
- 71% of online consumers recommend their favourite stores to others hence spreading a brand name to global audiences for free.
- The value of mobile e-commerce was $1.5 trillion in 2013 but it increased to a whopping $3.2 trillion in 2017. That’s a 213% increase in a matter of 4 years!
- In 2020, ecommerce sales are expected to account for 15.5% of retail sales worldwide. It’s growing so quickly that it’s expected to make up a whopping 17.5% of retail sales worldwide by 2021.
- Mobile eCommerce is expected to account for 72.9% of digital sales in 2021.
Thinking about developing an eCommerce website? We’d love to hear about your ideas and help you get started on building or updating your eCommerce store. Please click here to learn more about the web development process.
If you can’t wait to get started on your idea, and want to discuss it now, you can actually book right into our calendar by clicking here. Our consultants love to discuss anything eCommerce.